Saturday, October 29, 2011

Desiring God left me still Desiring God with no answers


I have to say from the start "Desiring God" was a disappointment to me.  John Piper Revised Edition needs more revision.  I was lost in its path, like a movie that starts and the end and movies forward, then backward then to the middle.  While the book may not lack substance, it is, in my opinion, too hard to read and to follow for most people.  As the saying goes," you can't judge a book by it's cover," and in this case nor by it's title.

     While I try to find the good in all the books I have read, in this one John spends too much time defending or trying to explain his personal views than giving the readers information that will make them want to desire God.  Sorry to say, in my review, I have to say "Desiring God missed the mark!"

No comments:

Post a Comment