Saturday, October 29, 2011

Burn The Ships!


Steven Curtis Chapman sings a song that I heard about the same time I began reading Andy Stanley's, "Enemies of the Heart."  I just confess, the book wasn't what I was expecting.  I was thinking it would deal with perhaps more of the addictions or worldly attributes we all sweep under the rug.

Enemies of the Heart takes the reader on a very pointed, some what person look at the 4 things that stand between you and true christian happiness.

I had a very difficult time accepting some of the things Stanley writes about, but that was because he was talking to me.  Rather than treat the symptoms, Stanley makes you look at the root cause of why you feel the way you do about such things as divorce, job loss, broken friendships.

While I can't say it was an easy or enjoyable read, I will say it was a much needed one.  I recommend anyone who is going through the rough times of life, read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment