Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Follow The Leader

     The Life Giving Leader by Tyler Reagin, is about learning to lead from yourself as opposed to imitating others.  It is about finding yourself and your leadership style.  Reagin does a decent job at explaining what I call, "corporate leadership".   The different personality/leadership type test that he mentions are useful.  I have taken a few and they will reveal the true leader in you.  But to lean on them more than trusting God to make you the leader He wants you to be will counter productive.
     I personally do not feel the "corporate leadership" mentality is a good thing in churches, but I understand Reagin is trying to reach a wide audience.  The Bible list some great qualities for leaders, and in my opinion Reagin missed the mark on those issues.
     Leadership should be life given, it should lift up, encourage, and reproduce good leaders. On those points I agree with the book.  To learn to lead from your truest self, yes you must discover your strengths and weaknesses, but you must first learn to lean on God for wisdom.
     As with most leadership books there are some good things to be taken from The Life Giving Leader, I just didn't find that many.  Our leadership needs to get back to the biblical qualities of a leader and leave the "corporate leadership" to Walmart, Amazon, and Facebook.

"I received this book from the publisher through their book launch program."

No comments:

Post a Comment